Monday, July 24, 2017

Denmark, Day 7: Last Day in DK

Jeremy decided to take the girls clothes shopping in Copenhagen. Although I had a heart attack every time I thought about the prices here, I agreed.

Getting their wiggles out before the shops open

Danish playgrounds. So cool.


Walking across town, we found a lovely park. The girls enjoyed the playground and we found a cafe for lunch. Jeremy and I shared a salad that I liked so much I wrote down all the ingredients to recreate it later. I wish I had taken a picture of it before we inhaled it.

Self-serve playground equipment. In case you left your sword at home.

Chillin' CPH-style

Back on our way, we found a bunch of random places: a vintage clothing store with upcycled wares, an Anime shop selling old-school Game Boys, a skateboarder's paradise...

More interested in the fish than the clothes

*heart*

Skatepark in the city

JLo looks like he might hop on a skateboard any minute now

Clothing finally purchased, we rushed to catch the second-to-last canal tour of the day. The girls, exhausted from a full day marching around Copenhagen, started to fade. Somehow they began waving at people as we passed them on our tour boat, and this kept them perky and occupied. We had fun guessing who would wave back and being surprised when people responded with unexpected enthusiasm.

Fanta. For tired children.

Peeking over the top to check out the Little Mermaid's back

With just two full days in the city, we barely scratched the surface. Jeremy described Copenhagen as "relentlessly stylish". Every cafe (and there are many, many cafes) looks hipper and cooler than the last. Around every corner, there's something interesting to see.


Stumbled onto a street art exhibit to end our big day

Unfortunately, I felt paranoid for much of the time we were in the city. The signs in our hotel warning us about "professional pickpockets" didn't help. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I lived here, as opposed to being here as a tourist, at the height of tourist season. I've always considered myself a city person, but I'm looking forward to going back to my quiet corner of Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment